Finding the right place to take your class for a trip is not always easy. Whether it is a grade school class of preteens or a group of college students, it is always a challenge trying to find a destination that everyone will enjoy. This is because you need to strike a balance between fun and educational and this is no mean feat.
One class trip idea that you can never go wrong with is museum visits. These give the students a chance to learn and experience history, art, science and so much more in a way that no other trip will let them.
Museums in Europe specifically have a lot to offer to students, and below are three of the most student-friendly:
1. The British Museum
- Location: Central London, UK.
- What to expect: The museum is credited as one of the largest collections of human history, art and culture from all over the world. You can look forward to a lot of native folk art and cultural exhibits from all corners of the earth. You can also expect a lot of literature collections as well as modern art exhibits.
- Don’t leave without seeing: The Ancient Egypt collection.
2. The Vatican Museums
- Location: Vatican City, Rome.
- What to expect: This is not one museum but a collection of many different small museums with a variety of exhibits for you to enjoy. You can expect a lot of art and literature collected throughout the history of the Roman Catholic Church. These include sculptures and mosaics that decorated the first churches and temples in the world.
- Don’t leave without seeing: The Sistine Chapel ceiling, the double helix staircase and The Collection of Modern Religious Art.
3. Louvre Museum
- Location: Paris, France.
- What to expect: This is one of the most breathtaking museums not only in Europe but in the entire world. The structure itself is a marvel, once being a royal palace. You can look forward to a lot of history, art and cultural collections from Europe, Asia, The Mediterranean and Northern Africa.
- Don’t leave without seeing: The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci. You simply must see it with your own eyes.
The diversity and a wide variety of exhibits they have to offer, ensure that every single student will get a chance to enjoy the trip and collect once in a lifetime memories.
So, if you are in search of the perfect location to go as a student or to take your class, then you will not be disappointed by any of the three top European museums described above.